[채용공고] Sustainable Finance Programme Officer
Sustainable Finance Programme Officer세계 최대 자연 보전 기관인 WWF(세계자연기금)에서는 사람과 자연을 보호하며 기후 회복력 있는 미래를 구축하는 Green Finance Project 수행을 위한 WWF 네트워크, 정부/금융 기업의 협력을 통해 하나뿐인 지구의 지속 가능한 미래를 함께 만들어갈 Sustainable Finance Programme Officer를 채용합니다. 다양한 비즈니스 분야에서 기업과 글로벌 NGO가 지속 가능한 미래를 위해 만드는 프로젝트 수행을 통해 커리어를 키워 나갈 재능 있는 인재를 기다립니다.
Mission /Objectives of the DepartmentThe World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world’s largest and most experienced conservation organizations with a global network of 6000 experts working across the areas most critical to global sustainable development, including food systems, climate and energy, and freshwater, forests and oceans, active in more than 100 countries. Our approach is deeply rooted in science and our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people and nature thrive. WWF has identified the finance sector as a key driver of global economic activity with which we must engage to successfully deliver on our long-term conservation mission.
Positioned at the cutting-edge of sustainable finance internationally, our global sustainable finance team of 80 experts - including 30 in Asia - is dedicated to supporting the finance sector to transition to sustainable and resilient economy via working with key finance sector players including banks, investors, regulators, and stock exchanges, across six focus areas: Regulations and Guidelines, Standards, Capacity Building, Research & Tools, Engagement, Green Financial Solutions
주요업무- WWF 지속가능금융 관련 활동
- 지속가능금융 활성화 전략의 수립 및 지원
- 지속가능금융 관련 정책 및 시장 동향 분석
- 관련 데이터 분석
- 정부/중앙은행/금융감독원/금융기관 Engagement
- WWF-International 등 해외 타지역 본부와 협업
- 유관 연구기관, NGO, Global Initiative
(SBTi, TCFD, UNGC, UNEP FI 등) 협업
- 기타 아래 영문 JD 참조
자격요건- 3년 이상의 유관 경력 보유한 자
- 모든 레벨의 조직과 상호작용할 수 있는 팀 플레이어
- 영어 의사소통 가능자
(영어 보고서, 데이터 분석, 회의 등)
Major Functions of the PositionSustainable Finance officer will develop the Korea finance practice strategy, green finance guidelines for finance institutions, policy guidance with regulators, the development of suitable risk management tools, and the development of new financial products that support sustainable development. He/she will research emerging sustainable finance issues, encourage engagement and capacity building of financial institutions and do advocacy with financial institutions. He/she will communicate and work with WWF Asia Sustainable Finance Hub, WWF International Finance Practice and conservation experts across the network.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Strategy development and financial market transformation: Develop Korea Finance practice strategy to identify priority FIs for engagement to secure public commitments that incorporate sustainability into corporate practices in order to shift industry-wide norms and SOPs.
- Stakeholder outreach and relationship management: Manage bilateral relationships with key investors (asset owners, asset managers), banks, stock exchanges, government ministries, etc. to mobilize finance sector players to leverage their power as shareholders, lenders, and regulators to drive change in corporate behaviour.
- Campaigns related to sustainable finance policy advocacy: Constructively engage with financial regulators and finance industry associations to advocate for the development, adoption, and implementation of more robust sustainable finance regulations. In some cases, directly support the development of these regulations and/or provide input and feedback on regulations being developed.
- Research: Conduct research on ESG issues and sustainability disclosures and asses/benchmark FIs’ extent of ESG integration. Manage the design and writing of reports and guides to be used to engage FIs.
- Education: Build capacity for finance sector professionals on how to integrate ESG risks and opportunities into their purpose, policies, processes, staffing decisions, product development and portfolio evaluations. Work with WWF commodity, climate and water experts to distill insights and knowledge into guidance for the finance sector.
- Communications: Manage relationships with mainstream finance, sustainable finance, and sustainability-focused media outlets. Write and publish research papers, blog articles, and opinion pieces. Participate in key sustainable finance conferences by speaking on panels and presenting WWF research and tools to raise awareness throughout the region on pressing natural capital and sustainable finance issues.
- Project management and development: Lead project delivery from project planning to successful delivery of scope of works agreed and achieve project objectives and outcomes, manage project financials and funder expectation through appropriate communication and reporting, and lead proposal development and contribute to secure funds for stable on-going programme activities with qualities.
Qualification & Experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree needed, Master’s Degree preferred, in either finance, (energy/environment) economics or environment management;
- Minimum 3 years of professional job experience or relevant academic research experience in the area of finance, consulting, sustainability, ESG or responsible investment;
- Experiences in working with team and collaborating teams in enterprises needed;
- Experience working with corporates is preferred
- Knowledge of sustainable finance tools of WWF such as SUSBA, SUSREG, RESPOND is preferred
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of how environmental concerns relate to material business risks and opportunities;
- Knowledge of the finance sector levers for change as they relate to sustainability;
- Ability to analyze ESG issues and to effectively communicate these to FI partners;
- Ability to prioritize and operate under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Korean
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Internal: work with climate & energy programme team, report to director of conservation and partnership, collaborate with conservation and partnership team, communication collaborate with communication team, fundraising team, and finance and administration team, and work with conservation director and other relevant colleagues in the network
- External: With financial institutions, regulators, stock exchanges, responsible finance platforms, consultants, civil societies and governments
Type of contract1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
According to the fixed term review, extended contract can be offered.
How to apply?If you would like to learn more and soon join our team, please send us your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including following documents in one MS Word file; Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for.
- A letter of motivation in English,
- A resume in Korean,
- At least 2 contacts for the reference check
- 1st interview
- Reference check & Online Aptitude test
- 2nd interview with the Directors
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Many thanks for your interest in WWF-Korea and this opportunity.
Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration number.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus