[채용마감] Climate & Energy Officer (- 6/28)
Climate & Energy Officer (- 6/28)
- By 2030, an equitable and just transition is underway that limits warming to 1.5°C, protects people and nature, and builds a climate resilient future.
Major Functions of the PositionPlans and leads execution of focus strategy and core activities of the Program. Communicates with the WWF network team to design and achieve goal and critical contribution aligned with global goals. He/she reports to Conservation Director. Represents the Program to internal and external stakeholder and partner relations with government, private sector and civil society for the objectives:
- By 2030, the world's greenhouse gas emissions are cut by at least 40% from 2010 levels, supported by the required systemic change in finance.
- Influence the Korean government to set up an ambitious national target to reduce GHG emission, transit to renewable energy to achieve the Paris Agreement’s goal.
- Motivate Korean companies to enhance their climate actions with SBT initiative, Right to Renewable Energy initiative.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities [담당업무]
Program design and implementation
- Strategy development & implementation: Lead designing and implementing the Program strategy to support and achieve the Korea office strategic objectives aligned with WWF global strategic outcomes and collaboration with climate and energy leaders across the network
- Positions & key messages development: Lead developing positions, effective key messages of the Program with thorough consideration of the Practice positions and local circumstances
- Stakeholder engagement: Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders including those from corporate, government and NGO sectors in order to achieve strategic outcomes. Manage collaboration based on technical program knowledge and insights with corporates, governments, and other NGOs
- Internal and external communications: Represent WWF Korea in relevant climate and energy national and international fora. Act as a WWF spokesperson on the Program related issues in various forums and media
Project management and development
- Lead project delivery from project planning to successful delivery of scope of works agreed and achieve project objectives and outcomes
- Manage project financials and funder expectation through appropriate communication and reporting
- Lead proposal development, contribute to secure funds for stable on-going program activities with qualities
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Minimum 5 years of professional job experience or relevant academic research experience in climate change and energy transition program
- Experiences in working with team and collaborating teams in enterprises
- Specialized in environment, climate change, energy transition, climate finance, international policy, or business management related to climate.
- Knowledge of research tools and methodology
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Korean
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Working experiences in government agencies, large or medium scale of companies, or other relevant organizations.
- Strong leadership, demonstrated ability to plan and deliver works
- Ability to collect and analyse useful data and information
- Effective computer, office tools skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to, demonstrated ability to work well as lead or part of a team
Working RelationshipsInternal: work with c&e team, conservation director, other colleagues in the network. collaborate with conservation & partnership, communication, fundraising, f&o team
External: governments, private sector corporate, civil societies, domestic market subject matter experts
Type of contract [고용형태]
- 1 year Fixed term (following 3 months probationary period)
How to apply?If you would like to learn more and soon join our team, please send us your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including following documents in one MS Word file; Please use the subject line to indicate which position you are applying for.
- A letter of motivation in English,
- A resume in Korean,
- At least 2 contacts for the reference check
- 1st interview (PT)
- Reference check & Online Aptitude test
- 2nd interview with the Directors
*Please do not put your resident registration number in any application documents specified above. In case any certificate includes your resident registration number, please make sure to conceal the number not to be exposed resident registration number.